تيك توك ستدفع 400 مليون دولار لتسوية دعوى وزارة العدل بشأن خصوصية الأطفال

21 أغسطس 2026·إنجاجيت
تيك توك ستدفع 400 مليون دولار لتسوية دعوى وزارة العدل بشأن خصوصية الأطفال

قالت وزارة العدل الأمريكية إن التطبيق حقق تقدمًا كبيرًا في حماية الخصوصية منذ دعوى عام 2024.

بقلم كاريسا بيل، 21 أغسطس 2026، 5:13 مساءً بتوقيت شرق الولايات المتحدة. ماريو تاما/غيتي إيمجز

توصلت تيك توك وبايت دانس إلى اتفاق مع وزارة العدل لتسوية دعوى قضائية ادعت أن التطبيق ينتهك قوانين خصوصية الأطفال. وصفت وزارة العدل الأمريكية التسوية بأنها واحدة من "أكبر التعويضات التي تم الحصول عليها على الإطلاق" في قضية تتعلق بقانون حماية خصوصية الأطفال عبر الإنترنت (COPPA).

ترجع تسوية الدعوى إلى دعوى عام 2024 التي رفعتها وزارة العدل الأمريكية برئاسة الرئيس جو بايدن آنذاك. زعمت وزارة العدل أن الشركة انتهكت شروط تسوية سابقة مع لجنة التجارة الفيدرالية تتعلق باقتنائها لتطبيق موسيقي.لي. كما اتهمت الوزارة التطبيق بانتهاك قانون حماية خصوصية الأطفال عبر الإنترنت من خلال السماح للأطفال دون سن 13 عامًا بإنشاء حسابات تيك توك وجمع بيانات خاطئة عن الأطفال الذين يستخدمون التطبيق في "وضع الأطفال". قالت وزارة العدل الأمريكية في ذلك الوقت إن الشركة "فشلت بشكل متكرر" في الاستجابة لطلبات الآباء بحذف بيانات أطفالهم.

في الإعلان عن التسوية، أشارت وزارة العدل إلى أن التطبيق "مر منذ ذلك الحين بتغييرات كبيرة في ملكية وإدارة ووظائف الامتثال وممارسات الخصوصية". أنهت تيك توك صفقة في وقت سابق من هذا العام لإنشاء كيان جديد لأعمالها في الولايات المتحدة. تعرف باسم مشروع تيك توك الأمريكي المشترك، تدير الشركة الجديدة مجموعة من المستثمرين، بما في ذلك أوراكل وسيلفر ليك وم جي إكس. احتفظت بايت دانس بحصة 19.9% في الشركة.

قالت وزارة العدل في بيان "لقد نفذت الشركة تدابير واسعة النطاق تهدف إلى تعزيز ضمانات المستخدمين الأصغر سنا، وتحسين الضوابط المتعلقة بالعمر، وتعزيز الإشراف الأبوي". "ساهمت هذه التطورات بشكل كبير في تعزيز المصالح العامة الكامنة وراء دعوى الوزارة وعززت الحماية لملايين العائلات الأمريكية."

بموجب شروط التسوية، "ستدفع تيك توك 300 مليون دولار على الفور"، ودفع مائة مليون دولار أخرى بعد إلغاء اتفاقها السابق مع لجنة التجارة الفيدرالية، قالت وزارة العدل. لم تستجب تيك توك وبايت دانس على الفور لطلب التعليق.

تعد هذه التسوية آخر عقبة تتخطاها الشركة بعد سنوات من التدقيق المكثف في ممارساتها المتعلقة بالخصوصية وعلاقاتها مع الصين. في وقت سابق من هذا الشهر، أزال مكتب الإدارة والميزانية (OMB) رسميًا العقبات أمام استخدام الموظفين الفيدراليين للتطبيق مرة أخرى بعد قانون عام 2022 الذي حظر استخدامه على معظم الأجهزة الحكومية.

TikTokJustice Departmentprivacy
الخبر متوفّر باللغات التالية:English
المصدر الأصلي للخبر
إنجاجيت

TikTok will pay $400 million to settle Justice Department lawsuit over child privacy

August 21, 2026·Engadget
TikTok will pay $400 million to settle Justice Department lawsuit over child privacy

The DoJ said the app has made significant strides in privacy protections since the 2024 suit.

By Karissa Bell Aug. 21, 2026 5:13 pm EST Mario Tama/Getty Images

TikTok and ByteDance have reached an agreement with the Department of Justice to settle a lawsuit that claimed the app broke children's privacy laws. The settlement is one of the "largest recoveries ever obtained" for a case related to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the DoJ said in a statement.

The settlement dates back to a 2024 lawsuit brought by then-President Joe Biden's Justice Department. The DoJ alleged that the company had violated the terms of an earlier FTC settlement related to its acquisition of Musical.ly. It further accused the app of violating COPPA by allowing children under 13 to create TikTok accounts and wrongfully collecting data about children who used it in "Kids Mode." The company also "frequently failed" to comply with requests from parents to delete their children's data, the DoJ said at the time.

In announcing the settlement, the Justice Department noted that the app has since "undergone significant changes to its ownership, management, compliance functions, and privacy practices." TikTok finalized a deal earlier this year that created a new entity for its US business. Known as TikTok USDS Joint Venture, the new company is controlled by a group of investors, including Oracle, Silver Lake and MGX. ByteDance retained a 19.9 percent stake in the company.

"The company has implemented extensive measures designed to strengthen safeguards for younger users, improve age-related controls, and enhance parental oversight," the DoJ said in a statement. "Those developments have materially advanced the public interests underlying the Department's litigation and have strengthened protections for millions of American families."

Under the terms of the settlement, "TikTok will pay $300 million immediately," and pay another $100 million after its prior agreement with FTC is vacated, the DoJ said. TikTok and ByteDance didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

The settlement is the latest hurdle the company has cleared after years of intense scrutiny over its privacy practices and ties to China. Earlier this month, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) officially cleared the way for federal workers to once again use the app after a 2022 law banned it from most government-issued devices.

TikTokJustice Departmentprivacy
This article is also available in:العربية
Original source article
Engadget